Lynchburg Area Support Groups
Centra Warm Line and Lactation Assistance
Centra offers 24-hour lactation support services through the Warm Line at (434) 401-9344. Lactation consultants are also available for one-on-one appointments after moms return home.
YMCA Women & Children’s Support Group
6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
626 Church Street, Lynchburg
For children, ages 3-18, and their families dealing with the death of a loved one. Group Grief Support Nights are held twice a month at St. John’s Episcopal Church, 200 Boston Ave., Lynchburg. Administrative Offices: (434) 845-4072
Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS)
Clifford Baptist Church (434) 946-0555
Forest Baptist Church (434) 525-4841
Hyland Heights Baptist Church (434) 821-6906
Lane Memorial UMC (434) 369-5844
Randolph Memorial Baptist Church (434) 845-8855
Timberlake Baptist Church (434) 237-6464
Thomas Road Baptist Church (434) 239-9281
Lynchburg Area Mothers of Multiples (LAMOM)
Monthly meetings. Affiliated with the National Organization of Mothers of Twins Club (NOMOTC). (434) 845-3511
The Motherhood Collective
• The Motherhood Café: Provides a sense of community for moms and provides education on important maternal health issues. 2nd and 4th Monday of every month, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Mosaic in the Plaza, 2323 Memorial Ave, Lynchburg
• The Motherhood Playgroup: Fosters an environment for further connection and deeper relationships between mothers and children.
1st and 3rd Monday of every month at 10:30 a.m. Email email@example.com
for location information.
• The Motherhood Café Express: A condensed Café experience. 3rd Saturday of every month, 9 – 10:30 a.m. at Mosaic
• Grief Support Group: Helping mothers through miscarriage, infertility & child loss. 1st Monday (7 – 8 p.m.) and 3rd Wednesday (12 – 1 p.m.) of each month at Wyndhurst Counseling Center
• Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders Support Group: 2nd and 4th Monday of each month, 7 p.m., at Wyndhurst Counseling Center
The Motherhood Collective in partnership with Lynchburg Parks and Rec:
• Healthy Mama Self Care Series: June 1-29, every Thursday, 7:30 – 8:45 p.m., The Miller Center. Each session begins with an educational workshop and ends with meditation. More info at lynchburgparksandrec.com.
• Mamas on the Move: 2nd and 4th Wednesdays through Aug. 31, 9 – 10 a.m., Peaks View Park (meet by upper restrooms). This walking group is designed to foster relationships and healthy habits. Advance registration appreciated at lynchburgparksandrec.com.
Thomas Road Baptist Church
Freedom Ministries: Mondays, 6 to 8 p.m. Care Groups: 13-week sessions, Monday evenings
• Divorce Care: A group for separated and/or divorced people
• Grief Share: A group learning to deal with the loss of a loved one
• Single & Parenting: A group for tips and parenting wisdom
• Divorce Care for Kids: A divorce care program for children ages 5-12
• The Caring Journey: A support group for caregivers.
• For more info, call (434) 592-5630 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.