“Self-care” isn’t just a buzz word—it matters! Take advantage of all that Central Virginia has to offer and join in!
Autism Spectrum Disorders
Commonwealth Autism Service
(540) 587-8990 ext. 105
Second Monday of the month from 1-2:30 p.m. at Lynchburg College, Elliot & Rosel Schewel Hall,
Room 229, Lynchburg
Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital
(434) 200-4537, 3300 Rivermont Avenue, Lynchburg
Lactation specialists are available to assist new mothers with breastfeeding.
Women & Children’s Support Group
Women and children who have witnessed violence or been abused.
6:30 to 7:30 p.m., 626 Church Street, Lynchburg
Kid’s Haven: A Center for Grieving Children
For children, ages 3-18, and their families dealing with the death of a loved one. Group Grief Support Nights are held twice a month at St. John’s Episcopal Church,
200 Boston Ave., Lynchburg, (434) 528-1138
La Leche League of Lynchburg Playgroup
First Christian Church, 3109 Rivermont Ave., Lynchburg
Third Thursday of each month at 10 a.m.
Lynchburg Babywearing Group
1st Thursday at 10 a.m., locations vary;
Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS)
Clifford Baptist Church, (434) 946-0555
Forest Baptist Church, (434) 525-4841
Hyland Heights Baptist Church, (434) 821-6906
Lane Memorial UMC, (434) 369-5844
Randolph Memorial Baptist Church, (434) 845-8855
Timberlake Baptist Church, (434) 237-6464
Thomas Road Baptist Church, (434) 239-9281
Lynchburg Area Mothers of Multiples (LAMOM)
Monthly meetings. Affiliated with the National Organization of Mothers of Twins Club (NOMOTC). (434) 845-3511
Pet Animal Loss Support Group (PALS)
Concord Veterinary Services
Call (434) 993-2403 for meeting times.
The Motherhood Collective
• The Motherhood Café: These meetings are for mothers to share common joys and struggles and to put aside the idea that women must choose between a career and motherhood. 2nd and 4th Monday of every month, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. at 2323 Memorial Ave, Suite 19, Lynchburg
• The Motherhood Playgroup: Fosters an environment for further connection and deeper relationships between mothers and children. 1st and 3rd Monday of every month at 10:30 a.m.
• The Motherhood Café Express: The purpose of this meeting is to connect mothers who were unable to attend the Monday morning meeting. 3rd Saturday of every month, 9 – 10:30 a.m. at Mosaic
• The Motherhood Collective Care Group: Helping mothers through miscarriage, infertility & child loss. 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month, 12-1 p.m. at Wyndhurst Counseling Center
Thomas Road Baptist Church
Freedom Ministry: Mondays, 6 to 8 p.m. For more info, call (434) 592-5630 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Care Network: 6:30 – 8:15 p.m., Monday evening, 15-week sessions
• Divorce Care: A group for separated and/or divorced people
• Grief Share: A group learning to deal with the loss of a loved one
• Single & Parenting: A group for tips and parenting wisdom
• Divorce Care for Kids: A divorce care program for children ages 5-12
• Divorce Care 4 Teens: A divorce care program for teenagers